In 2020, in light of the impact of the global outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) on the South Australian community, the Training and Skills Commission made the decision to postpone the South Australian Training Awards. The program’s silver jubilee celebrations will occur in 2021.
However, throughout 2020 the Commission has continued to showcase excellence across the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector, promoting VET as a pathway of choice for the state's current and future workforce.
The Commission has shortlisted and selected high quality applicants to represent the state at the 2020 Australian Training Awards, with individuals and organisations selected in the following categories:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Student of the Year
- Apprentice of the Year
- School-based Apprentice of the Year
- Trainee of the Year
- Vocational Student of the Year
- VET Teacher/Trainer of the Year
- Training Provider of the Year
- Small Employer of the Year
- Medium Employer of the Year
- Large Employer of the Year
- Industry Collaboration