By entering the 2018 South Australian Training Awards, you agree to the following conditions of entry.
You must meet the specific eligibility requirements of the applicable category.
Closing date for entries is 5pm, Friday 13 April 2018. No extensions will be provided.
Applications may be made:
- between 12 February – 13 April 2018
- by an individual, public or private sector organisations, groups or businesses involved in vocational education and training (VET)
- to more than one direct entry category (not applicable for Individual categories).
All nominees should:
- be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia, reside in South Australia, and meet all eligibility criteria
- if an organisation be registered in Australia, with an Australian Business Number if an organisation
- if an RTO, declare their organisation has no current compliance issues with the regulator (ASQA) or the Skills and Employment Division, Department of State Development and no adverse issues with a government contract as part of their online application.
- if an employer, declare that their organisation has no adverse issues with a government contract
- agree to being nominated, if not self-nominating
- advise SA Training Awards if you are under 18 years of age at the time of application
- comply with workplace health, privacy, safety and industrial relations legislation
- note that finalists may be visited at the location of their training as part of the judging process
- be prepared and able to meet with the judging panel if selected as a finalist
- note that a photographer may visit them at the location of their training to take photographs for use at the awards presentation dinner and to promote VET
- not nominate for any other State or Territory in the nominating year
- be eligible for entry according to specific award category criteria. Non-compliance with entry criteria will be sufficient grounds for the Training and Skills Commission (the Commission) to reject the nomination
- be prepared to attend all interviews in person as required and to undergo all preparations that the Commission or its nominee shall deem necessary for the awards
- be able to attend individual award interview on the 4 June 2018
- be able to host organisation award interviews and a site visit at your workplace in May/June 2018
- be accompanied by a responsible parent or guardian at the Presentation dinner on the 7 September 2018 if under the age of 18
- if selected as a finalist attend the Presentation dinner on the 7 September 2018
- if selected as a State winner, attend the Professional development workshop prior to the Australian Training Awards on the 22 October 2018
- enter on the understanding that the Commission or its nominee reserves the right to alter, vary and/or modify any prize or condition of entry and reserves the right to make any new conditions
- abide by the decisions of the Commission or its nominee whose decision shall be final on all matters pertaining to the award. No correspondence or justification for any decision shall be required of the Commission.
All applications will:
- meet the specific eligibility requirements of the category for which they are applying
- address the selection criteria
- be factually correct
- refer to a service, program or training that meets the Australian Qualifications Framework standards
- refer to a current VET activity, or VET activities undertaken within two years of the closing date
- be written using plain English
- not exceed the word or attachment limit.
All applicants understand and agree that:
- when an application does not meet the eligibility requirements of the award category, it will not be considered by the judging panel
- only one application for any joint program will be accepted
- decisions of the judging panel are final
- late applications will not be accepted
- failure of an applicant to follow any lawful direction of the Commission, or its nominee, shall mean instant disqualification and instant forfeiture of any award whether or not any award benefit has commenced, has not commenced, or has commenced but has not been completed
- no nominees shall have any right to seek compensation or otherwise claim for compensation and the nomination form is submitted on the express understanding that the candidate waives any right to claim for compensation
- if any award winner receives a prize and is subsequently discovered to be ineligible for the award, the Commission reserves the right to recover the prize from the nominee
- all individual award winners will automatically be entered in the Australian Training Awards (where appropriate award categories apply)
- award winners must be able to represent South Australia at the Australian Training Awards in Sydney. (National student finalists will be required to take leave from work or study commitments for the entire week from 12 to 16 November 2018, including the awards dinner on 15 November). Travel and accommodation costs for national finalists are covered
- award winners must be committed to promoting and being involved with ongoing promotion of the awards into the following year. This may be through commitments such as on judging panels and speaking opportunities
- the Commission, the Department of State Development, Australian Training Awards and the Department of Education and Training reserve the right to use all or part of any material generated (photographs, film footage, application submissions) for the purpose of the publication online, in print or other broadcast media, for use in publicity, promotional materials or campaigns
- the Department of State Development or any of its employees are eligible to apply for any award with the exclusion of staff directly involved in marketing and communication, or staff involved with the judging process.
Only authorised Directorate and Australian Training Awards officers and appointed panel members have access to nominees’ information. The Directorate may give information to other relevant bodies, sponsors and media. Personal information will not be disclosed to any other party without the nominee’s consent, unless authorised or required by law. All panel members sign confidentiality and conflict of interest statements.
For more infromation read How to enter.