Education & Service Sector ISC
Director, Office of the Vice Chancellor & Strategic Programs, University of South Australia
Adrienne Nieuwenhuis is the Director, Office of the Vice Chancellor and Strategic Programs, at the University of South Australia. In this role she is responsible for providing high-level strategic analysis and advice to the Vice Chancellor and overseeing the effective development and implementation of strategic activities across the University.
Prior to this, Adrienne was the Director Quality, Tertiary Education, Science and Research in the South Australian Department of Further Education, Employment, Science and Technology where she provided strategic leadership, policy advice and investment direction to support tertiary education, science and research in South Australia. In this role she was also responsible for a range of regulatory services for both VET and higher education and worked closely with the Commonwealth Government in the establishment of the national regulatory systems for VET and higher education. She was an inaugural member of both the Higher Education Standards Panel and the National Skills Standards Council.
Adrienne has over 20 years of experience in tertiary education. She holds an Honours degree in science and a Masters degree in educational administration.
Director (National VET Network) Independent Tertiary Education Council Australia
Alexis is the Chief Executive Officer at Open Colleges School of Health. A non-profit Registered Training Organisation specialising in nursing, aged care and disability support.
He has held a variety of role in the training industry across the health, community services, hospitality and tourism sectors.
With national governance experience in the VET and Higher Education Sectors, and the personal services sector, he brings a range of perspectives to the needs of South Australia’s workforce and the work of the Commission.
Broad experience gained from more than 15 years in each of the hospitality and tertiary education sectors, combined with VET and postgraduate University qualifications, represents a useful addition to the leadership of solving South Australia’s workforce challenges and opportunities.
- Caralyn Lammas - South Australian Council for Adult Literacy, Inc.
- Heather Bitter - Northern Adelaide State Secondary Schools’ Alliance [NASSSA]
- Colin Shearing - South Australian Independent Retailers Inc.
- Judith Atkinson - Australian Childcare Alliance SA
- Peter Nolan - CEO, PEER
- Rose Bradshaw - Hair & Beauty Industry Association of South Australia Incorporated
- Tim Buckley - The MTA Group Training Scheme
- Yvonne Williams - National Retail Association
- Chris Chatburn - Education Standards Board
- Natasha Siebert - Australian Funeral Directors Association
- John-Paul Drake - Drakes Supermarkets
- Kerry Mahony – Australian Childcare Alliance SA