Construction, Mining & Energy ISC
Former Executive Officer, Energy Skills Board (SA)
Bob started with an apprenticeship in the “radio” trade and went on to complete a diploma in electronics. He worked primarily in the medical electronics and radio communications industries.
Over time, Bob moved from technical roles to management in those industries. He experienced a highly successful career which he attributes to the support and encouragement of mentors with whom he worked. Throughout his career, Bob has sought to similarly assist others as they developed their own futures.
Bob became involved with the VET system in the mid 1990’s as a part time trainer and assessor. Following retirement from corporate management roles, in 2007, he took a position with an Industry Training Advisory Board (ITAB) in the Northern Territory. This opened contact and involvement with national Industry Skills Councils and the processes around the maintenance and development of Training Packages. He was a member of, or chaired, several national Training Advisory Committees and Industry Reference Groups.
Following his return to Adelaide Bob became Executive Officer of Energy Skills SA, the SA ITAB for the Electrotechnology and Energy industries. A lack of funding support saw this close in October 2018, but Bob continues to advocate for quality training to meet industry needs.
- Angela Coker - SA Power Networks
- Larry Moore - National Electrical & Communications Association SA/NT Chapter
- Stephen Knight - Housing Industry Association Ltd
- Sebastian Casey - Oz Minerals
- Jodie Badcock - Resources and Engineering Skills Alliance
- Tony Mansueto - Downer Utilities Australia
- Robran Cock - AMETQUA Pty Ltd (Member Water Industry Alliance)
- Neville McMullen - McMullen Trades
- Victoria Griffith - Civil Contractors Federation
- Marissa Hankinson - Master Builders Association of SA